VR Games Without Controller
In my opinion, online gaming platforms now attract everyone – young and old. We all play games for entertainment, to pass the time, or to release stress. It is evident that Virtual Reality (VR) gaming is gaining popularity more and more as it allows players to have a more immersive experience than ever before.
VR games can transport us into a fantasy world where we can enjoy a real-life-like experience. We know that most ordinary VR games require a controller, and sometimes our hands get tired when playing for long hours. Or learning the buttons and controls takes us time.
Table of Contents
How to Interact With VR Games Without a Controller?
Depending on the type of your VR headset and the specific game you are playing, there are some options to play VR games without a controller. Let’s see:
- There are many VR headsets that allow the player to control the game using hand gestures. Using your hands and fingers, you can interact with objects, select menu options, and perform actions in the game.
- You can even play some VR games by moving your body. For example, when you meet obstacles, you can lean or duck, or you can kick or stomp on objects using your feet.
- As some VR games support voice control, you can issue commands or make selections using your voice.
- In the end, let’s not forget about using a keyboard and mouse when playing on a PC. I must admit that this is really a good option for games that do not require precise physical movement, but playing this way may not be as immersive as using a controller or hand gestures.
Best VR Games Without Controller
Deep Space Battle VR
If you are a fan of space shooter games, Deep Space Battle VR is just for you. Immerse yourself into a deep space environment as a space pilot, trying to destroy the enemy team’s spaceship. Plus, there is a range of spaceships and environments to choose from. Yes, this game is great due to its graphics and smooth gameplay. Everything looks really amazing! All you need to do is move your head around to aim at the enemy ships.
Installation requirements: A minimum of 67.82 MB of free memory space and Android 4.1 or higher.
End Space VR for Cardboard
End Space VR is a first-person arcade space shooter game specially made for iOS users. The compelling visual effects and great 3D graphics make this game very immersive. Here too, you should move your head around to pilot a small space fighter through intense space battles and defeat progressively harder waves of enemies. This game is just amazing; so far the best Cardboard App on the AppStore! – it’s my view.
Installation requirements: iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Trooper 2 is another first-person VR game without a controller where you are a soldier and have to shoot down the enemies wandering around you in the game world. This game provides you complete freedom over your movement – you can stand up, walk around, and press the button on your VR headset to fire. Though the Trooper 2 gaming graphics are simplistic, the game provides a great action-packed gaming experience.
Installation requirements: A minimum of 39.7 MB of free memory space and Android 4.4 or higher.
VR Roller Coaster
VR Roller Coaster gives you a chance to enjoy the thrilling experience of a roller coaster ride without stepping foot from your home. Try the adventure as many times as you want on different roller coasters. There are more than 60 tracks and a number of roller coaster cars to choose from. So you can even make your own one. As no controller is needed, you can put on your headset and start playing the single-player game with the tap of your finger.
Installation requirements: A minimum of 61.17 MB of free memory space and Android 4.4 or higher.
Smash Hit is one of the most famous VR games available for Oculus and mobile platforms. You can play this game without a VR controller; the DIY headset will give you the complete experience of the game. You can control the camera using your head and even look backward. In this fast-paced shooter game, you glide through dimensions that are filled with colors, obstacles, and various other elements. You have to shoot (smash) the tiny glass particles that will stop you from progressing. This aesthetically pleasing game is so fun, that’s for sure.
Installation requirements: A minimum of 76.8 MB of free memory space and Android 2.3.2 or higher. Or A minimum of 95 MB of free memory space and iOS 6.0 or later.
VR X-Racer is a virtual reality racing game featuring a Minecraft-like, immersive, 3D environment where you race in a spaceship-like car. The intense, fast-paced racing is really exciting. You don’t need any controller to play this game – just tilt your head to control your car and pull your head back to apply the brakes. I am sure that the beautiful 3D layered visuals will keep you engrossed.
Installation requirements: A minimum of 24.53 MB of free memory space and Android 4.1 or higher. Or A minimum of 87 MB of free memory space and iOS 8.0 or later.
VR Racer – Highway Traffic 360
VR Racer – Highway 360 is another VR racing game where you can fight against drivers like you. You can play the game without controllers – use your headset for movement and navigation. The cool graphics, realistic-looking roads, and traffic will give you an immersive, real-life experience. There is a wide range of cars to choose from. Moreover, you can even upgrade your car after winning and earning different rewards. Enjoy one of the most polished VR games out there!
Installation requirements: A minimum of 58.9 MB of free memory space and Android 4.4 or higher.
Awesome Things You Can Do With Your Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset
- Watch TV Shows, Movies, and Videos: Oculus Quest supports Netflix, YouTube, Prime, and other platforms meaning you can watch all of your favorite shows and movies in a distinctive new way. You can even hang out with friends, watch movies, play games, and stream 50+ channels of TV due to the Bigscreen app.
- Face Your Fears: You can overcome your anxiety by using a number of apps for the Oculus Quest. For example, Fearless VR helps users overcome their fear of public speaking by using voice volume, eye contact, speaking pace, and heart rate.
- Work Out: Supernatural is considered one of the best workout apps for virtual reality. VR features hundreds of trainer-led workouts set to thousands of songs. So you have the opportunity to stay in shape from the privacy of your home.
- Explore the World: Wander enables users to see the globe in vivid 3D as closely as they can without leaving the comfort of their couch.
- Relax and unwind: Relax with the TRIPP app – a meditation app voted the best of its kind by Men’s Health in 2020. Nature Trek VR is another meditation app that will immerse you in gorgeous, serene landscapes where you can control the time of day and the weather and even discover animals in their natural habitat.